To The Ezekiel Project
We are an interfaith interracial, congregation-centered organization that addresses social justice issues and moves for systemic change within the Great Lakes Bay Region. We are led by a board with clergy and lay representatives from our member congregations. We are a part of the Gamaliel Network, a network of community organizing projects which connects Ezekiel to similar organizations across the nation. The Network provides training, program assistance, and professional development.
~Zeke of the Week~
The 'Zeke of the Week' title is appointed to those who have shown exemplary character and commitment in their community.
The Ezekiel Project is committed to positive change and promotes other leaders who reflects these values. We like to share these leaders with our Zeke family and friends whether they be organizers, volunteers, or everyday citizens making a difference in their own way!
Our Zeke of the Week is ...
Father Ron Wagner
It gives us great pleasure to celebrate by recognizing an individual who promoted social justice within our community and exemplifies the spirit of Reverend Dr. Hurley J. Coleman, Sr. This award, named in honor of one of the founders of The Ezekiel Project goes to a community leader, mentor, and man of 'God who has shown leadership in moving our community together and in speaking truth to power and justice. We present this years award to Father Ronald Wagner.
"I would like to express my thanks to Father Ron for being a great man of character, wisdom, and faith. It was my honor and privilege to be in the presence of Father Ron through the Ezekiel Project of Saginaw. Father Ron generously shared his time, energy, and initiative for the betterment of the group and the citizens of Saginaw. He opened his heart to every person he met and approached every situation with a positive attitude. Father Ron, you are truly an anointed man of God. This is why the Ezekiel Project would like to present the Hurley J. Coleman Sr. Community Service Award to Father Ron Wagner. "
- President Willie Haynes
MLK Celebration Souvenir Book
Ezekiel Monthly Meetings:
Zeke Leadership Assembly will be held every 3rd Thursday from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm on Zoom until further notice
* if you do not receive our emails and wish to attend this meeting please fill out the quick questionnaire on the Contact page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list
- 25th Annual MLK Celebration - Mar. 21st, 2021 - 4 pm
- National Weeklong Training - Mar. 21th - 26th, 2021
- EJAM Applications Deadline - Mar. 31st, 2021
- Faith Leaders Summit - April 10th, 2021 - 10 am - 12 pm
- MEJC Mental Health Meeting - April 14th, 2021 - 1 pm - 2 pm
- Zeke Leadership Assembly - April 15th, 2021 - 5:30 pm - 6:45 pm
- Saginaw Bridge Clean Up - April 24th, 2021 - 11 am - 3 pm
- All other events have been canceled or postponed until further notice. For more information/updates please visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TheEzekielProjectSaginaw
The Ezekiel Project's Monthly Assembly meetings are regularly held on the third Saturday of each month at 9:30 am at the Ezekiel Project HQ in First Congregational Church, 403 S. Jefferson Ave. Saginaw, MI 48607 (be sure to enter the zip code into your GPS or you might end up in the wrong place!). We'll be in Suttner Hall, so enter from the Baum Street parking lot. ALL are invited to these meetings. No previous experience or connection necessary. If you are looking for a good way to learn more or get involved, this meeting is a great start.